Friday, July 4, 2008

Perseverance, Patience, Trust

Perseverance, Patience, and total Trust in the Lord - these are the qualities God is trying to hammer into us lately.

Elijah's Retreat, which was going at a fast and furious pace for a couple of months there, has slowed down to a trickle as Jeff and I continue to nail up paneling and finish out the interior of the cabin with the few building materials that remain. During this time, we have been on our knees seeking the Lord's help and guidance. What He has told us is this:

Keep going - you are right where I want you. Don't fear or lose heart. Persevere and do not worry. Trust me, seek me, cling to me and I will see you through.

Perseverance, Patience, and Trust in the Lord - good attributes all. God is in control. We wouldn't want it any other way.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." (James 1:2-4)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prayer can bring peace when we don't feel it is possible. You're on the right track and your dedication is greatly motivational and appreciated.

Sending more prayers your way.

<3
~Leigh Attaway Wilcox